Elmendorf Tear Tester
|Elmendorf Tear Tester (patented product), A computer controlled falling-pendulum instrument, to determine the ballistic tearing strength of textiles, plastics, paper or board.
It enables rapid determination of the dynamic resistance of materials designed to be subjected to strong shearing loads (e.g. fabrics) or liable to be damaged by sharp or heavy objects (e.g. paper bags). Subsequently, the test was naturally adopted for all materials in the form of sheet or films, cardboards, cloth, knitted fabrics, plastic films, aluminum foil, non-woven fabrics, complex flexible packaging etc. But does not apply to sparse fabric or stretch materials which tearing direction might be shift in test.
Compressed air of 0.4~ 0.7 Mpa is required.
The test is carried out on a specimen composed of one or more sheets of standard dimensions 100 x 63 mm, a crack in length of 20 mm of specimen is notched automatically, a usually with a distance of 43mm (1.7 in) remaining to be torn after initiating the tear. The energy of a pendulum of suitable weight is used to completely tear the specimen. The difference in the angle from the vertical of the center of gravity of the pendulum between the downswing and upswing is a measure of the energy absorbed in tearing the sample. This angular movement is measured with a digital encoder and is immediately converted to the mean tearing force for a single sheet by the microprocessor and software incorporated in the apparatus
- Works in accordance with all known test standards.
- The model is the only one that covers the most completed test range from 0 to 12800cN.
- RS-232 data output, equipped with Lenovo computer and Tearing Test software, and Panasonic printer.
- Machine can be controlled by the large graphic touch panel without computer and software.
- Automatic specimen clamping and notching.
- Repeatable, pneumatic specimen gripping system guarantees sufficient clamping pressure to avoid all slipping phenomena, thus ensuring perfect reproducibility of the experimental conditions.
- Automatic compensation for friction and leveling errors, no slave pointer, therefore no friction, alignment and maintenance problems.
- Capacity: 0-12800 grams (0 ~ 128N)
- Pendulum Range(cN): 0~ 1600, 0 ~ 3200, 0 ~ 6400, 0 ~ 12800
- Accuracy: 0.2% of pendulum range
- Unit: GF, MN, CN, CP, LB
- Professional Elmendorf Tearing Test software
- Computer and printer (optional)
- Complete with work pendulums and calibration weights: 1600cN/g (3.5lb), 3200cN/g (7.0lb), 6400cN/g (14.0lb), 12800cN/g(28.0lb)
- 2 pcs of Cutting blades
- 1 pcs of Specimen cutting template
|220/110V 50/60Hz 0.5-0.7Mpa
||BS ISO 13937
||INDA IST 100.1
|AFNOR G 07-149
Product website: http://www.textileinstruments.net/pod_pro.asp?id=445&Elmendorf-Tear-Tester.asp