High-k and ALD/CVD Metal Precursor Market size worth USD 965 million by 2024
High-k and ALD/CVD Metal Precursor Market size is expected to reach USD 965.7 million by 2024; according to a new research report by Global Market Insights, Inc.
Global high-k and ALD/CVD metal precursor market is characterized by notable number of players offering diverse and cost-effective solutions. Ongoing need to develop processes to form thin film with desired properties for various applications will drive demand over the forecast timeline.
Newer shrinking device size provides thin film formation and high aspect ratios by CVD or ALD. SiO2 is being replaced by hafnium and silicon compounds for the dielectric material and poly-Si by platinum as a potential electrode. Metal-organic compounds are gaining an edge as molecular precursor owing to their low thermal stability.
Request for a sample of this research report @
Regulatory policies and initiatives undertaken by the government for the manufacturing of semiconductor devices will give impetus to high-k and ALD/CVD metal precursor market share. The industry participants are focused on optical, dielectric and chemical properties of the hybrid organic-inorganic films to reduce manufacturing costs. Furthermore, increasing IPR protection measures will have an emphasizing role in chemical designs with rising IPR filings on precursor material compositions.
Increasing demand for intensive R&D has led to the development of high-purity sophisticated precursors delivered in cylinders to meet process requirements. This has widened the scope for excellent step coverage and high growth rates. The ability to fabricate semiconductor rapidly, seamlessly and cost-effectively requires for a more complex 3D structure which in turn drives high-k layer/vapor deposition process demand.
The industry needs collaboration across the value chain both in terms of hardware and new molecules to deliver the chemicals effectively in the equipment. Incorporation of intellectual property rights protection measures will have an increasing role in chemical designs.
The optical, mechanical, dielectric, chemical and conductive properties of the hybrid organic-inorganic films are projected to boost the high k metal precursors market share over the forecast timeframe. Escalating demand for various thin film materials in new industrial applications will lead towards technological advancement and innovation. High risk of impurity levels may challenge high-k and ALD/CVD metal precursor market size from 2016 to 2024.
Browse key industry insights spread across 88 pages with 36 market data tables & 30 figures & charts from the report, “High-k and ALD/CVD Metal Precursor Market Size By Technology (Memory/Capacitor, Interconnect, Gates), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, UK, Germany, Japan, India, China, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, UAE, South Africa), Application Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2024” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
- High-k gates technology was valued at over USD 33 million in 2015 and will grow at over 23% from 2016 to 2024. The need for accurate and timely translation of large amount of content will drive demand in various industries.
- U.S. high-k and ALD/CVD metal precursor market size exceeded USD 30 million in 2015. Complexity of semiconductor manufacturing coupled with transition and scaling to 450 mm wafers processing will favor U.S. microelectronics and nanotechnology.
- China high-k and ALD/CVD metal precursor market share accounted for more than 35% of the overall Asia Pacific industry 2015. Growth across the region can be credited to increasing end-use electronic product demand. Taiwan is projected to have the largest consumer base of semiconductor materials due to large foundry of chip makers and advanced packaging.
- Major industry players are Air Liquide, Adeka, Dow Chemical, and UP Chemical. High R&D investment and vertical integration are key growth strategies adopted. Competitive pricing and maintaining profit margins remains the key concern for the industry participants.
About Global Market Insights
Global Market Insights, Inc., headquartered in Delaware, U.S., is a global market research and consulting service provider; offering syndicated and custom research reports along with growth consulting services. Our business intelligence and industry research reports offer clients with penetrative insights and actionable market data specially designed and presented to aid strategic decision making. These exhaustive reports are designed via a proprietary research methodology and are available for key industries such as chemicals, advanced materials, technology, renewable energy and biotechnology.
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)