Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy, PRP Therapy in Chicago Metro Area
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
WHAT IS PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP)?
PRP is blood plasma that has been collected from the patient’s body and enriched with concentrated platelets infused with a cocktail of bioactive proteins and human growth hormones.
WHAT IS PRP THERAPY?
PRP Therapy has been widely used since the 1990’s to aid in patient recovery after surgery. This emerging biotechnology continues to expand its reach in other areas of medicine, notably in orthopedics, rehabilitative and restorative medicine PRP is performed under ultrasound guidance by a radiologist.
WHAT CONDITIONS ARE TREATED BY PRP THERAPY?
Injuries involving ligaments, tendons, joints and other soft tissue damage are all candidates for PRP Therapy. If you have questions about whether or not your injury could benefit from PRP Therapy, contact one of our Chicagoland Medical providers to schedule a consultation today. Some conditions commonly treated by PRP Therapy include:
- Hair Loss
- Auto Immune Disorders
- Degenerative Diseases
- Spinal Conditions
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Joint Injuries
BENEFITS OF PRP THERAPY
PRP Therapy is commonly used as a conservative treatment to enhance rehabilitative efforts, manage pain, accelerate healing and regeneration of healthy tissue as an alternative to surgery. Here is a brief overview of the benefits of PRP Therapy
- Accelerated Recovery Time
- Tissue Regeneration
- Pain Reduction
- Definitive Tissue Repair
- PRP THERAPY CELEBRITY PATIENTS
- Pro Golfers, Tiger Woods and Fred Couples
- Hines Ward and Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens
- Andre Johnson, Indianapolis Colts
- Donovan Bailey, Olympic Gold Medalist
- Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
- Alex Rodriguez, New York State Yankees
- Ian Kinsler, Detroit Tigers
- Nelson Cruz, Seattle Mariners
- Cliff Lee, Philadelphia Phillies
- Takashi Saito, Los Angeles Dodgers