Key Benefits of Medically Supervised Weight Loss
Obesity is a disease one cannot take lightly. There is a very thin line between being overweight and being obese. People who are obese are more prone to getting diabetes and coronary heart disease, among other health complications. An obese person must make all efforts to lose excess weight and maintain a healthy and fit body.
If you’re looking for an easy way to lose weight and are considering some complicated diet suggested by a friend, don’t get overly excited. Many “fad” diets have become popular by promising a quick fix to weight loss. Although many of them can be effective, not all diets are made for everyone. Each individual is different and so is their body composition. Many of these diets make you eat more of a certain category of foods, which can lead to various nutritional deficiencies. Also, following a diet means you need to give up on so many things that you love to eat. It isn’t something everyone can follow.
Just blindly following any diet can also lead to many other health problems. Before starting any such diet, it’s much better to consult an expert.
Supervised medical weight loss can be one of the most effective weight loss tools available to people looking to lose weight. Here are the advantages of medically supervised weight loss:
1. Experts assess your body and lifestyle – When you consult an expert dietician, he/she assesses your complete medical history along with your family background. Your lifestyle and diet, along with the timing of your meals are all taken in to account. The medical weight loss specialist makes a note of your daily physical activity and the foods that you usually eat, as well as the ones that you avoid or are allergic to. All this helps them obtain a bigger picture about your lifestyle and the course of action to be followed to help you meet your weight loss goals.
2. A customized design especially for you – Based on the information provided by you, the dietician designs a customized meal plan for you. It has all the essential nutrients in the recommended amounts and the number of calories is also taken in to account. This comprehensive plan is easy to follow and will help you lose weight.
3. Forming health conscious habits – In a medically supervised weight loss program, there is always room for physical exercise. You need to burn fat by sweating for an allotted amount of time to remain fit. Your dietician prepares an exercise schedule for you based upon your daily routine.
4. Realistic targets – Unlike in the case of fast weight loss programs, the dietician sets extremely realistic targets for you. They are achievable and easy to maintain. If you continue to take care of your body, you can be rest assured that your weight will not shoot up again. Even small lapses will have little effect if you are actively meeting your goals and maintaining the prescribed healthy lifestyle.
5. Improves your overall health – A properly planned weight loss program not only helps you to shed weight but also improves your overall health. It helps to boost your immunity and prevents the onset of various harmful diseases. It also helps to bring a glow on your face, since you are consuming a nutritionally adequate diet.
Losing weight doesn’t mean that you stop eating all of your favorite foods. Just consult an expert and see how you can manage your calories in a better way and continue to eat all that you like.
For more tips visit: http://chicagolandmedical.com/blog/medically-supervised-weight-loss/
Medically supervised weight loss is a helpful plan that provides support, as well as an easy-to-follow diet and exercise plan. This comprehensive package makes weight loss easier to follow and stay with, therefore it is easier to lose weight and keep it off long-term. If it seems like you have tried every weight loss diet on the market and are still struggling with your weight, look to medically supervised weight loss for a plan that can make you fit and healthy long-term.