The Future of Retailing in the UAE to 2020: Ken Research
Key topics covered in report
- Detailed profile of the Retail Market in UAE
- Consumer demographics, trends and behaviours
- Historic and forecast retail sales value & growth in UAE Retail Market
- Competitive landscape of UAE’s Retail Market
- Analysis of key distribution channels of UAE’s Retail Market
- Emergence of online retailing in UAE’s Retail Market
- Detailed analysis of changing retail dynamics across various product segments
Ken Research announced its latest publication on “The Future of Retailing in the UAE to 2020; Comprehensive data overview of the market, with retail sales value and forecasts to 2020” which provides information about latest market and industrial trends of UAE’s retail industry. It has taken into account information about twenty six groups and nine segments of Emirates’ retailing industry. The report imparts information about latest consumer trends and product preferences. It gives detailed analysis of qualitative and quantitative factors which has facilitated stupendous growth in UAE’s retail industry. It also gives details of action plans and strategies of major market players and retail chains of the market.
Economy of United Arab Emirates
UAE is located in Arabian region and consists of seven nations which are Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ajman, Fujairah, Sharjah, Umm al-Quwain and al- Khaimah. UAE is majorly an oil based economy and is also an integral member of Oil Producing and Exporting Countries. Economies of UAE are highly dependent upon oil and related sectors for their growth and development. Emirates has special economic significance in Arabian economy. Not only oil but non-oil sector has also witnessed excellent growth in past few decades. Since Dubai is hosting world trade expo in 2020, this has led to massive infrastructural building in UAE which contributed to boom in construction industry. Moreover, tourism has also seen remarkable growth and is expected to grow further in future.
Overview of retail industry of UAE
This report seeks to analyze retail sector subgroups like Apparel, Accessories, Luggage and Leather Goods; Books, News and Stationery; Electrical and Electronics; Food and Grocery; Furniture and Floor Coverings; Health and Beauty; Home and Garden Products; Music, Video and Entertainment Software; Sports and Leisure Equipment. Massive growth is observed in the UAE’s retail sector which is basically demand led.
Various key market trends observed in retail sector industry of UAE are given as follows:
- Rising consumer demand led to fast paced expansion of the sector.
- Dubai’s retail sector has witnessed fastest growth in entire UAE.
- Economic diversification has led to massive development of the industry.
- Food and grocery has recorded biggest share in entire retail sector.
- Specialized retailers have witnessed maximum sales in the industry.
- E-commerce and online sales has given substantial boost to the industry.
- Considerable rise in retail of luxury goods has been witnessed in past few years.
Major market players
Emke group is one of the leading retail chain in the UAE market. Landmark group, Lulu Hypermarkets, Carrrefour hypermarkets, Spinneys market are also some of the leading retail chains of United Arab Emirates. Further, new companies are launched every single year in UAE to cater huge demand for retail products in the economy. Further, considering the opportunities in the UAE’s economy many leading global retail chains are venturing into the economy.
Thus, we can say that due to significant economic progress and rising consumer demand, there is significant expansion and enlargement of UAE’S retail sector. Further growth is expected because of the following key factors:
- Expected growth in non-oil sectors.
- Rising investment in retail industry
- Expected rise in consumer demand in forecast period
- Rise in tourism to boost retail sector industry.
However, the industry is also expected to face the following challenges:
- Inadequate investment
- Excessive government intervention and control
- Falling oil prices affecting economic stability
For more coverage click on the link below:
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications