Enteral Feeding Devices Market size worth $3.5bn by 2024
Introduction of technologically advanced products such as reverse ballon design, tri-funnel replacement G-tube and J-tube will meet different patients’ needs with regards to accuracy, portability and cost effectiveness is expected boost industry growth in coming years.
Request for a sample of this research report – https://www.gminsights.com/request-sample/detail/745
Implementation of improved reimbursement policies aimed at providing subsidies to these devices and growing market penetration of enteral feeding pumps such as flexiflo quantum, companion enteral nutrition pumps and patrol enteral pump will spur industry growth.
The risk associated with use of enteral feeding devices includes blockage, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Re-feeding syndrome leads to a rapid loss of magnesium, phosphate and potassium, causing severe physiological complications. Contamination of equipment is another common problem associated with its use. The associated risks are expected to impede industry growth during the forecast period.
Europe, led by Germany accounts for the largest industry share in 2015. Growing R&D in advanced enteral feeding devices, increasing prevalence of pre-term births and implementation of industry friendly regulations such as the introduction of ISO standards for small bore connectors should fuel industry growth.
Increasing healthcare expenditure and rising awareness levels in Asia-Pacific and Latin America offer potential opportunities for industry growth. Emerging countries such as India, China and Brazil with their high unmet medical needs, and increased levels of income are expected to drive industry growth in the coming years. Furthermore, higher geriatric population in Japan is anticipated to elevate enteral feeding devices demand.
Browse key industry insights spread across 84 pages with 135 market data tables & 7 figures & charts from the report, “Enteral Feeding Devices Market Size By Product (Giving Set, Enteral Feeding Pump, Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrotomy Devices, Low Profile Gastrotomy Device, Nasogastric Tube, Gastrotomy Tube), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, China, India, Japan, Mexico, Brazil, South Africa), Application Potential, Price Trends, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2024” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
- Global enteral feeding devices market size is anticipated to reach USD 3.5 billion by 2024, up from USD 2.08 billion in 2015, and forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2016 to 2024.
- Enteral feeding pumps grabbed the largest industry share with industry size of over USD 1.2 billion in 2015.
- Europe was valued at USD 724.5 million in 2015, accounting for the majority regional share. The countries such as Germany and UK garnered a share of 28.6% and 21.7% in 2015 respectively.
- The industry has high entry barriers such as strict regulatory guidelines, high cost of product development, making the entry of new players difficult. Moreover, established players employ acquisition, and alliances strategies making it difficult for the new industry players to sustain.
- China, and Japan drive the Asia Pacific industry due to presence of large geriatric patient pool, while LATAM was driven by Brazil and Mexico.
- The industry is oligopolistic in nature with few major players such as Nestle, Fresenius, Abbott Nutrition and Danone attributing to over 75% of industry revenue. Other key industry players Conmed Corporation, Covidien Plc, Boston Scientific Corporation, Cook Medical, Kimberly Clark Corporation, Amsino International Inc., Moog Inc. and others.