10 Natural Secrets to a Spick and Span Living Room
It is Time to Make your living Room Shine!
– Fixtures, Bulbs & Fans
Basic Ingredients for DIY Cleaning
Top ingredients to scrub & clean every inch of your living room includes the following:
· Baking Soda
· White Vinegar
· Mild Liquid Dish Soap
· Hydrogen peroxide
· Olive oil or vegetable oil
· Microfiber Cloth
Natural Cleaning Recipes for a Living Room
Clean Your Couch Upholstery
· Mix shampoo with water or whip detergent with water, and use it as a great general stain remover.
· Use a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and dish soap on the stain to soak a red wine spill.
· If you encounter a coffee stain on your upholstery, rub a mixture of egg yolk and lukewarm water on the spot.
Deep Green Clean Your Carpets
Vacuum your carpet, apply the paste of vinegar, borax and salt on deep stains, take rest, vacuum again, steam clean and dry the carpet. Your carpet is good to go!
Clean Your Living Room Floor
· If you have a marble floor, you should first spray down the surface with a mixture of warm water and an Eco-friendly dish washing soap, then, wipe the floor, and lastly, mop all over using a soft mop.
· If you have water based or oil based stains on your marble floor, you can clean them with these simple recipes. For water based stains, just spread a mixture of baking soda and rubbing alcohol on the stain, cover it with plastic, let it sit overnight and wake up to a stainless marble floor! In case of oil based stains, use a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide (on light marble) or acetone (on dark marble), and follow the same procedure.
Clean Your Windows With Vinegar
Stop looking at the world through those dirty windows. Learn how to clean your windows naturally.
Are you cleaning your windows with vinegar for the first time? If yes, then, fill a spray bottle with 2 cups of water, ¼ cup white distilled vinegar and ½ teaspoon of mild liquid dish soap, spray and wipe! Once you have cleaned them, dry them as soon as possible.
Pamper Your Furniture with Natural Cleaning
Does your living room furniture look dull and lifeless? It’s time to make it shiny and new with this furniture cleaning recipe.
Prepare a mixture of 1 cup of lemon juice and 1 ½ cups of vegetable or olive oil in a spray bottle. Spray some of the mixture onto a microfiber cloth and gently apply to your wood furniture in a circular motion. Let it sit over the wood for some time, and then go over it again with a soft cloth to bring out the shine.
Feel the Difference of Cleaning Fixtures, Bulbs & Fans
· Take down the fixture cover and slide it into a tub full of soapy water. After sometime, dry and shine with a microfiber cloth.
· Clean bulbs with the help of a microfiber cloth.
· Fill a spray bottle with a solution of water and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and spray it on the fan blades, slip a pillowcase over each blade, pull it back to trap dust. Use a cotton cloth to clean the remaining dust and grime from your fan.
Take away blinds and wash them in a bathtub that is filled with vinegar and water. You may also use some old rags and straight white vinegar on your blinds.
Switches are one of the dirtiest places in your home. You must disinfect and clean your living room switches regularly.
Turn off the power to avoid an electric shock, start your way around to each switch plate carefully, use a microfiber cloth dampened with a mixture of hot water, detergent, vinegar and borax, remove all dirt and grime and wipe plate dry with another microfiber cloth.
Busy enough to do the cleaning chores?
Do you want to make your living room perfectly clean without even lifting a finger? Contact trusted cleaning professionals in British Columbia . Maid Brigade can give you a free estimate for your residential cleaning needs today. Your home cleaner is just one call away!