Discover the Global PharmaPoint: Hepatitis C Virus -Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 – Event-Driven Update
“The Report PharmaPoint: Hepatitis C Virus – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 – Event-Driven Update provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. – MarketResearchReports.biz”
Hepatitis C is a liver infection caused by the hepatitis C virus (HCV) that results in acute or chronic presentation. The disease is often asymptomatic, but infected patients may experience fatigue, joint pain, itchy skin or jaundice. There is no effective vaccine against HCV, so the market is driven by therapeutics. Currently, drug combinations containing a direct-acting antiviral (DAA), such as Gilead’s Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) or Janssen’s Olysio (simeprevir), along with pegylated interferon (e.g., Roches Pegasys and Mercks PegIntron) and/or ribavirin (e.g., Roches Copegus and Mercks Rebetol) are used to treat HCV infections. Sovaldi and Olysio have largely replaced first-generation NS3/4A protease inhibitors, such as Vertex’s Incivek (telaprevir) and Merck’s Victrelis (boceprevir) due to their increased tolerability, efficacy, and shorter treatment duration. The entrance of next-generation , all-oral HCV therapies is expected to fundamentally alter the HCV treatment algorithm.
View Report At :http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/225019
Key Questions Answered
– How quickly, and to what extent, will interferon-sparing and all-oral regimens replace Incivek and Victrelis in the treatment algorithm?
– What role, if any, will interferon-based therapies have in the HCV treatment landscape over the next decade?
– Which novel HCV therapies will face adoption challenges in the market? What is the projected uptake of new drugs, such as Mercks MK-5172/MK-8742, over the forecast period?
– Will the reduced pill burden and increased convenience of fixed-dose, all-oral combination therapies lead to their widespread uptake?
– How will pricing influence the use of next-generation DAAs?
– Which HCV regimen(s) in development are physicians most excited about?
– Patient awareness is anticipated to increase in response to government education and screening initiatives.
– Interferon use is predicted to drastically decrease over the next 10 years.
– The launch of next-generation, all-oral DAA regimens is expected to streamline the HCV treatment algorithm.
– The approval of more-tolerable HCV therapies is likely to result in patients deciding to undergo treatment (i.e., decrease in the warehouse effect).
– Fixed-dose combination therapies are expected to seize market share due to their reduced pill burden and convenience.
Download Sample copy of this Report at: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/225019
– Overview of hepatitis C virus (HCV), including epidemiology, etiology, general symptoms from infection, and national vaccination recommendations and guidelines.
– Annualized HCV therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast for 10 years to 2022.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the HCV market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, and emerging trends, specifically interferon-free therapies and fixed-dose combinations.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global HCV therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry and governmental drivers, restraints and challenges.
– Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HCV therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global HCV market in future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global HCV therapeutics market from 2012-2022.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 7
1.1 List of Tables15
1.2 List of Figures 21
2 Introduction 22
2.1 Catalyst 22
2.2 Related Reports 22
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 23
3 Disease Overview 24
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 24
3.1.1 Etiology 24
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 28
3.1.3 Prognosis 29
3.2 Symptoms 29
4 Epidemiology 31
4.1 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 31
4.1.1 The risk of contracting HCV is almost 50 times higher among injection drug users 32
4.1.2 There is a 10.9-fold increased risk of developing HCV infection through a blood transfusion 33
4.1.3 No current preventative therapy to reduce perinatal HCV transmission 33
4.1.4 Metabolic syndrome is a common comorbidity in HCV-infected individuals 34
4.1.5 Chronic alcoholism greatly magnifies the risk of HCC 35
4.1.6 HBV and HCV share similar modes of transmission, resulting in co-infection 35
4.1.7 HCV/HIV co-infection complicates treatment options and accelerates liver damage 35
4.2 Global Trends 36
4.2.1 US 37
4.2.2 5EU 38
4.2.3 Japan 41
4.2.4 Brazil 41
4.2.5 China 42
4.3 Forecast Methodology 43
4.3.1 Sources Used 43
4.3.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 47
4.3.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods (HCV Genotypes) 51
4.3.4 Sources Not Used 55
4.4 Epidemiology Forecast for HCV (2012-2022) 55
4.4.1 Total Prevalent Cases of HCV 55
4.4.2 Age-Specific Prevalent Cases of HCV 58
4.4.3 ***-Specific Prevalent Cases of HCV 61
4.4.4 Age-Standardized Prevalence of HCV 64
4.4.5 HCV Genotype Class Distributions 66
4.5 Discussion 67
4.5.1 Conclusion on Epidemiology Trends 67
4.5.2 Limitations of the Analysis 68
4.5.3 Strengths of the Analysis 69
5 Disease Management 70
5.1 Diagnosis and Referral Overview 70
5.2 Treatment Overview 71
5.3 US 74
5.3.1 Diagnosis 74everity 89
4.5.6 Total Prevalent Cases of MCI 91
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/marketresearchreports-biz
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207