Global PharmaPoint Parkinsons Disease – Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 – Event-Driven Update
“The Report PharmaPoint: Parkinsons Disease – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 – Event-Driven Update provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. – MarketResearchReports.biz”
Parkinsons disease is a progressive condition that is characterized by bradykinesia, muscular rigidity, tremor, and postural instability. As the second most common neurodegenerative disorder, Parkinsons disease may affect individuals of any age but prevalence is increased with age and it is most common in the elderly. It is expected that the prevalence of Parkinsons disease in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan) and Brazil will increase from 3.2m people in 2012 to 4.3m people in 2022, driven by an aging population in all markets. Dopaminergic therapies have been fairly effective in treating bradykinesia, but several unmet needs remain. Some needs will be met during the forecast period from 2012-2022, while others, such as the need for disease-modifying drugs, will remain. GlobalData expects that advancements will be made in levodopa administration and that four new molecular entities will be introduced to the market by 2022, these factors along with increased patient numbers from an aging population will drive the market during the forecast period.
View Report At :http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/362555
Key Questions Answered
– According to KOLs, what are the most important unmet needs in PD? Will these needs be addressed by pipeline agents? What needs will remain by the end of the forecast period in 2022?
– With the recent launch of Xadago and Rytary and an additional four drugs in the late-stage pipeline, which products are forecast to generate the highest sales over 2012-2022?
– What corporate strategies have been employed for recent product launches? What opportunities remain for new entrants?
– An aging population is expected to increase prevalence of PD in all markets from 2012-2022. How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future PD market?
– What governmental developments are likely to affect reimbursement and generic erosion of PD drugs? What type of impact will this have on the markets covered over the forecast period?
– Population increases, especially in the elderly, will be a key driving force in the global PD market.
– With several small biotech and pharmaceutical companies involved in mid-stage development of PD products, there will be ample opportunity for partnerships with Big Pharma.
– Levodopa based therapy will remain the gold standard of care with advancements in administration, including the introduction of slow-release formulations and an emergency use inhaler.
– Several unmet needs are expected to remain after the forecast period, as advancements in the control of non-motor symptoms and in the development of disease-modifying therapies are lagging.
Download Sample copy of this Report at: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/362555
– Overview of Parkinsons disease, including etiology, pathophysiology, motor and non-motor symptoms, and quality of life.
– Annualized Parkinsons disease market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 and forecast for ten years to 2022.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the PD market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different Phases and emerging trends, specifically Bioties tozadenant, Acordas CVT-301, Bials opicapone, and Intecs CD/LD-GR, and well as the recently launched drugs: Newron/Zambons Xadago and Impaxs Rytary (IPX066).
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global Parkinsons disease market. Insightful review of the key industry and governmental drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the PD market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global PD market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global PD market from 2012-2022.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 9
1.1 List of Tables 16
1.2 List of Figures 22
2 Introduction 23
2.1 Catalyst 23
2.2 Related Reports 23
3 Disease Overview 24
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 24
3.1.1 Etiology 24
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 27
3.1.3 Prognosis 29
3.1.4 Quality of Life 30
3.2 Symptoms 30
4 Epidemiology 32
4.1 Disease Background 32
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 32
4.2.1 The risk of developing Parkinsons disease progressively increases with age 33
4.2.2 The risk for Parkinsons disease is increased with Parkinsons disease-causing mutations 34
4.2.3 Men are 1.5 times more likely to develop Parkinsons disease than women, though the difference may be the result of varying exposures to environmental factors 34
4.2.4 Chemicals, along with exposure to other environmental factors, increase the risk of developing Parkinsons disease 35
4.2.5 38% of Parkinsons disease cases experienced depression and/or anxiety compared with only 8% of controls 35
4.3 Global and Historical Trends 36
4.3.1 US 36
4.3.2 5EU 37
4.3.3 Japan 38
4.3.4 Brazil 38
4.4 Forecast Methodology 39
4.4.1 Sources Used 40
4.4.2 Sources Not Used 43
4.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 43
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast of Parkinsons Disease (2012-2022) 45
4.5.1 Prevalent Cases of Parkinsons Disease 45
4.5.2 Age-Specific Prevalent Cases of Parkinsons Disease 46
4.5.3 ***-Specific Prevalent Cases of Parkinsons Disease 48
4.5.4 Age-Standardized Prevalence of Parkinsons Disease 49
4.6 Discussion 50
4.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 50
4.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 51
4.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis 52
5 Disease Management 53
5.1 Overview 53
5.1.1 Diagnosis – The UK Brain Bank Criteria 53
5.1.2 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs 54
5.2 Treatment Synopsis 57
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/marketresearchreports-biz
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207