Global PharmaPoint Alzheimers Disease – Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023 – Event-Driven Update
“The Report PharmaPoint: Alzheimers Disease – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023 – Event-Driven Update provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. – MarketResearchReports.biz”
Alzheimers Disease (AD) is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that is characterized by memory loss, cognitive impairment, and functional decline. During the early stages of disease, sleep disturbances and forgetfulness are generally the first presenting symptoms. In the severe stages, patients with AD require permanent observation either by a home care professional or family member. The rapidly declining status of patients with AD results in a drastic reduction in quality of life (QOL), both for the patients and their caretakers. With rapidly accelerating worldwide prevalence, AD has been identified as a major global health threat by the international medical community. Significant efforts have been made to develop a new treatment for AD, as current pharmacologic management is known to only provide temporary improvement of symptoms. Without therapies that effectively stop or reverse the course of the disease, a large area opportunity exists for the development of an effective pharmacologic approach.
View Report At :http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/308756
Key Questions Answered
– What are the preferred therapies for each country?
– The developmental pipeline consists of disease-modifying therapies (DMTs) that aim to prevent the disease in early- and presymptomatic patients. Which of these DMTs will attain high sales revenues during 2013-2023, and in which markets?
– Will amyloid-based therapies face adoption challenges in the market? What is the projected uptake of new passive immunotherapies and BACE inhibitors over the forecast period?
– How large an impact will Lundbecks LuAE-58054 and Forum/Mitsubishi Tanabes EVP-6124 have on the schizophrenia market? What do key opinion leaders think of these treatment approaches?
– What are the unique challenges in AD, and how will they affect the growth of the market globally?
– Guidelines are not closely followed due to the heterogeneity of symptoms.
– There is a widespread reluctance to seek treatment in the absence of curative therapies.
– Diagnosis in early stages of the disease remains a challenge and will affect the growth of the market over the 2013-2023 forecast period.
– Poor consensus over clinical trial endpoints required for approval.
– Symptoms related to AD require better treatment options.
– Amyloid beta is the focus of the late-stage pipeline.
– Disease-modifying therapies such as passive immunotherapies and BACE inhibitors will revitalize the AD market.
Download Sample copy of this Report at: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/308756
– Overview of AD and mild cognitive impairment (MCI), including etiology, general symptoms, country-specific compliance/caregiving data and epidemiology.
– Annualized AD market revenue, annual cost of treatment and usage patterns from 2013 and forecast for ten years to 2023.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the AD market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across AD disease severities for disease-modifying and symptomatic therapies with novel mechanisms of action in AD, including Lillys solanezumab, Biogens aducanumab, Roches gantenerumab and crenezumab (Phase II). Merck & Co.s M-8931, and Lilly/AstraZenecas AZD-3293.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global AD drug market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most competitive pipelines.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the AD market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global AD market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global AD market from 2013-2023.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 10
1.1 List of Tables 17
1.2 List of Figures 23
2 Introduction 25
2.1 Catalyst 25
2.2 Related Reports 26
3 Disease Overview 27
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 27
3.1.1 Etiology 27
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 28
3.2 Classification 29
3.2.1 Relapse-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis 29
3.2.2 Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis 30
3.2.3 Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis 30
3.2.4 Progressive Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis 30
3.3 Symptoms 31
3.4 Prognosis 32
3.5 Quality of Life 33
4 Epidemiology 34
4.1 Disease Background 34
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 35
4.2.1 Family members of MS patients have a 1-5% risk of developing MS 36
4.2.2 Women are twice as likely to develop MS, but men have a worse prognosis 37
4.2.3 Caucasians have a higher risk of MS than any other race/ethnicity 37
4.2.4 Protective effect of vitamin D on MS may relate to latitude and month of birth 37
4.2.5 Timing of environmental exposures affects MS risk 38
4.2.6 Exposure to smoking may increase MS risk and worsen prognosis 38
4.2.7 Autoimmune Disease Comorbidities of MS 39
4.2.8 Mental comorbidities are found in up to 60% of MS patients and may affect relapse rates 39
4.3 Global Trends 40
4.3.1 North America 40
4.3.2 Europe 41
4.3.3 Asia 41
4.4 Forecast Methodology 42
4.4.1 Sources Used 45
4.4.2 Sources Not Used 51
4.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 51
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast of Multiple Sclerosis (2014-2024) 58
4.5.1 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of MS 58
4.5.2 Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of MS 60 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 8
1.1 List of Tables 15
1.2 List of Figures 21
2 Introduction 24
2.1 Catalyst 24
2.2 Related Reports 25
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 25
3 Disease Overview 26
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 26
3.1.1 Etiology 27
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 29
3.2 Disease Staging Systems 38
3.3 Symptoms 41
3.4 Prognosis 43
3.5 Quality of Life 43
4 Epidemiology 45
4.1 Disease Background 45
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 46
4.2.1 A family history of Alzheimers increases the risk of developing the disease by 7.5 times 47
4.2.2 The APOE
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/marketresearchreports-biz
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207