Field programmable gate array Market size expected to reach USD 9.98 billion by 2022, to grow at a CAGR of 8.4% from 2015 to 2022
Field programmable gate array (FPGA) market size was valued at USD 5.27 billion in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.4% from 2015 to 2022; according to a new research report by Global Market Insights, Inc.
Rising demand across various end-use industries such as data processing, automotive, industrial and consumer electronics is expected to drive FPGA market growth over the forecast timeframe. Smartphone industry is anticipated to have considerable impact on global FPGA market size. In addition, it efficiently performs DSP (digital signal processing) functions such as signal processing and image enhancement owing to its built-in RAM. Increasing usage in flat panel displays for processing, display panel application, panel driver or controller, operating mode, battery management and video board application will also propel demand through 2022.
Request for a sample of this research report @
Surging use of these products in the healthcare sector for medical imaging equipment is expected to drive FPGA market size. Growth in this sector can be credited to requirement of high performance computing capabilities. The automotive industry is projected to be a key contributor for due to rising usage of electronic content in rear-view cameras, driver assistance, infotainment, as well as in electric vehicles.
Rapid technological advancements are expected to widen application avenues. Rising prominence and adoption of technologies such as 3G and LTE in the telecommunications segment is likely to increase the demand for wider bandwidth. For instance, Altera Corp. developed an FPGA that integrates 11.3 Gbps transceiver to achieve high-speed bandwidth needs for MAC, next-generation framer, bridging, and switching applications for 100 GbE. Furthermore, rising service providers focus on increasing operational efficiency, reducing costs associated with network deployments, reduction in energy-related expenses, and increasing utilization of clean energy sources is predicted to drive FPGA market growth.
Design complexity issues such as functional, electrical and marginal are predicted to hamper industry demand. However, escalating application of these products in various devices such as camera, electronic toys & games, portable navigators and 3D eyewear, 3D glasses, smart immersive 3DTV and 3D head mount visor is expected to offer massive growth potential over the next seven years.
Browse key industry insights spread across 75 Pages with 23 market data tables & 22 figures from the report, “Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Market Size By Application (Data Processing, Industrial, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Telecom, Military & Aerospace), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook, Application Potential, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2015 – 2022” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
• Consumer electronics application was responsible for revenue of USD 650 million in 2014 and is predicted to grow at 8.9% CAGR from 2015 to 2022. Rising prominence of smart devices such as mobile phones, tablets and MP3 players are the major growth drivers.
• Telecom sector is anticipated to witness substantial growth prospects owing to high flexibility. The segment is estimated to grow at 9% CAGR to account for over 34% of the FPGA market share by 2022.
• Asia Pacific FPGA market was valued at over USD 2 billion in 2014. Growth in the region can be attributed to rising application in numerous sectors such as consumer electronics, industrial and automotive across India, Japan, China, and South Korea.
• Europe is projected to grow at 7.7% CAGR over the forecast timeline. Favorable regulatory landscape for road safety is likely to drive regional demand.
• Key participants accounting for FPGA market share include Xilinx, Intel Corporation, Achronix Semiconductor, Atmel, and Cypress Semiconductor. Other prominent players are Lattice Semiconductor, Texas Instruments, & Microsemi.
• Industry participants focus on technology advancements as well as new product development which describes the FPGA market scenario. For instance, Intel Corp. announced Intel Atom processor Z3700 series in July 2014.
About Global Market Insights
Global Market Insights, Inc., headquartered in Delaware, U.S., is a global market research and consulting service provider; offering syndicated and custom research reports along with growth consulting services. Our business intelligence and industry research reports offer clients with penetrative insights and actionable market data specially designed and presented to aid strategic decision making. These exhaustive reports are designed via a proprietary research methodology and are available for key industries such as chemicals, advanced materials, technology, renewable energy and biotechnology.