An Overview of magento Extensions
In the era of ecommerce, Magento is quite successful. For shopping stores, it is the first choice worldwide. It helps in creating a user friendly online shopping stores. It has tremendous extensions which work efficiently with it. Magento developers can create professional ecommerce sites using these extensions. It adds value and functionality as per the business requirement. Numerous extensions are available for various functionalities such as for ecommerce online development, shipping and delivery, SEO, Blog etc. We are having paid and free Magento extensions for example CreareSEO, Mouseover Zoom Magento Extension, Banner Slider Magento Extension, Magento Gift Registry Extension, Smartcheckout extension, XML Sitemap, WordPress Integration, Magento Product Video Extension, Mobile Shopping Cart Etc.
Technology is advancing day by day, every fraction of minute something new is emerging in the E-market. Magento extensions speeds up development and also it is cost saving. There are two types of extensions.
Community Extensions: Open source extensions that are created by Magento Community members as an open source license.
Commercial Extensions: it is available for purchase by Magento community.
The scope of magento extensions is really good because of the ecommerce business. Businessmen, who planned to build an ecommerce website, are attracted towards megnto built up website and this all happens due to remarkable availability of extensions for all required features. There are many magento extensions available in market related to Ecommerce shopping sites. There is vast scope of it for today’s ecommerce trend whether it is inventory, sales, promotions, shipping etc , it is having extensions for all categories which one can just think . Some of it is as following:-
- Social Login – It is meant for connecting to social network like Face Book, G+, Twitter, and LinkedIn. It makes it easier for doing user Registration or Sign in.
- Multivendor Marketplace – You will be able to create instant marketplace eCommerce store for multiple vendors for selling products.
- One-step Checkout –You can just do all checkout process in one step, filling minimum instructions while you do shopping from online stores.
- Discount Coupon Code Link: on the shopping cart page it automatically applies discount coupon code for customers. This extension helps to boost user and improves sales in an effective way.
- Out of Stock Notification – Intimating the buyer if the product is not available.
- Ajax Cart Pro – It helps buyers to add or remove products while shopping in the shopping cart page.
- Track your order –After the purchase, you can track your order status.
- An efficient blog extension helps you build SEO-friendly text links and you can abreast your customers with upcoming deals.
- Faq extension enable to solve customer queries by compiling it with animation.
- The Layered Navigation extension enables drop downs, new filters, and breadcrumb, guide clients for what they actually looking for.
- Magento debug helps in debugging.
- Price bargaining extension allows buyers to bargain for the product.
- Newsletter Pop-Up Magento Extension is having stylish animated popup and it increases your subscription.
Build extensions and sale
Extensions may be created for a range of functional areas and 3 rd party web application interfacing. Let’s make a simple extension for just saying “hi all”
You require two files
- We will create file 1 as /app/etc/modules/MyC1_HiDeveloper.xml and the content of file is
< MyC1_HiDeveloper >
</ MyC1_HiDeveloper >
It starts and ends with config. It calls your modules by MyC1 plus TheModuleItSelf. There are three places in the system where it can exist in:
- /app/code/local/ folders.
- Now let’s create a second file: app/code/local/Myc1/HiDeveloper/etc/config.xml
< MyC1_HiDeveloper >
</ MyC1_HiDeveloper >
< MyC1_HiDeveloper _SomeFreeRouterName1>
<module> MyC1_HiDeveloper </module>
<frontName> MyC1_HiDeveloper </frontName>
</ MyC1_HiDeveloper _SomeFreeRouterName1>
- Create a third file
class MyC1_HiDeveloper_IndexController extends Mage_Core_Controller_Front_Action
public function indexAction()
echo ‘Hi all…’;
public function sayHiAction()
echo ‘Hi one more time…’;
Once you are done with it, you can sell it at magneto connect. Magento Connect is a marketplace that allows Magento community to share their open source with the community. To make package extension, you need to follow certain steps:
- Log in to Magento Admin panel
- Select Admin panel then click System > Magento Connect > Package Extensions.
It will open – Create Extension Package page. It is having six sections i.e Package Info, Release Info, Authors, Contents, Dependencies and Load Local Package
Magento Connect promote your extension and improve your chances of building sales.
In the end we can say that Magento extensions help your eCommerce store to become a top notch and successful venture.