MENA Petrochemicals Market to Increase at a CAGR of around 6% by 2019: Radiant Insights
Technavioa€™s research analyst predicts the petrochemicals market in MENA to grow at a CAGR of around 6%, in terms of volume, during the forecast period. The increased demand for petrochemical products from the automotive industry is the primary driver for the growth of this market. The automotive sector accounts for more than 15% consumption of the overall petrochemicals produced globally, with the MENA region accounting for 20% of the global production. For instance, the use of petrochemical products can increase the fuel efficiency of automobiles by nearly 30%.
The growing awareness towards greener environment and the increased focus towards vegetation as a replacement for chemical feedstock is expected to deter the market growth during the forecast period. Bio-based chemicals are replacing the traditional petroleum-based production of chemicals due to the reducing crude oil reserves and fluctuating prices.
Product segmentation and analysis of – ethylene, methanol, propylene, aromatics
Ethylene dominated the petrochemicals market in MENA during 2014, with a market share of 38%. This segment is expected to continue its leadership until the end of 2019, growing at a rate of 7%. The increased use of ethylene for the production of ethylene glycol is driving the growth of this segment. Ethylene glycol is used extensively across the world for the production of polyethylene terephthalate and polyester fibers for use in packaging and fabric industries.
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)