Africa Off Grid Solar Lighting Market worth $1.4bn by 2024
Africa Off Grid Solar Lighting Market size is expected to reach USD 1.41 billion by 2024; according to a new research report by Global Market Insights, Inc.
SLS, SHS and LSHS are key products prevalent in the industry. Solar lantern system was largest product segment followed by SHS. The SHS Africa off grid solar lighting market size was over 3 million units in 2015.
The market is categorized on application basis as residential, commercial, and industrial. Commercial application segment accounted over 20% of total share in 2015 and is forecast to reach USD 310 million, with calculated at over 16% CAGR.
Request for a sample of this research report – https://www.gminsights.com/request-sample/detail/623
U.S., Argentina, Brazil, China, and India are major soy oil production centre. Rapeseed and sunflower oil is among the promising sources which are accounted at over 14% and 8% of the global oilseed market share in 2014. Russia, Canada, and Ukraine are major sunflower and rapeseed oil manufacturing countries.
Shift in trend towards sustainable and naturally derived products in Asia Pacific and Latin America is expected to drive demand. Sugar-based products, neem extracts, and sulfate free products are key bio-based products gaining popularity due to their biodegradable and cost-effective nature.
Favourable initiatives taken by the European government to promote production of bio-based products under CEN/BT/WG 209 and CEN/TC411 may favor regional biosurfactant market size. CEN/TC-276 under the European Commission has been working on a biosurfactants mandate (M/491) which is a part of Lead Market Initiative (LMI) for bio-based products.
Rhamnolipids market is set to witness significant growth rate, increasing at 8% CAGR up to 2023. The product is mainly used in personal care applications including moisturizers and shampoo. Increasing rhamnolipids consumption in oilfield chemicals application in order to aid waste hydrocarbon degradation are potential factors to drive demand.
Household detergents dominated the application segment and were valued at over USD 785 million in 2015. Increasing environmental concerns pertaining to synthetic surfactants’ toxicity and degradability in detergents has driven application demand.
Raw material price fluctuation due to supply bottlenecks of rapeseed oil, palm oil, soybean oil, and sunflower oil may affect biosurfactants market price trend.
Make an inquiry for purchasing this report – https://www.gminsights.com/inquiry-before-buying/623
Key insights from the report include:
- Solar lanterns product segment was dominant product segment in 2015 accounting over 50% of total share. Increasing demand for portable, affordable, and clean electricity source in rural Africa is forecast to drive Africa off grid solar lighting market size for solar lanterns.
- Solar Home System (SHS) is projected to expand at over 17% CAGR up to 2024. Increasing customer base for cell phones is likely to boost SHS demand over the forecast timeframe.
- Residential applications were largest in 2015, increasing awareness to replace kerosene lamps with solar lights is likely to boost off grid solar lighting market size for residential application.
- Industrial application is forecast to reach 2.7 million units by 2024, with highest gains at over 16% CAGR.
- Kenya off grid solar lighting market size dominated Africa in 2015 and is forecast to remain largest over the forecast timeframe owing to large number of retail stores, government incentives, and financial stability in the country.
- Rwanda off grid solar lighting market is anticipated to witness highest gains over 18% CAGR. Government initiatives such as subsidy, pay as you go scheme, and other benefits is likely to propel industry growth in the country.
- Basis components required in off grid solar product includes, PV panel, batteries, connecters, and assembling parts.
- Africa off grid solar lighting market share is fairly fragmented with large number of local suppliers. Major industry players include SunnyMoney, WakaWaka, and, Philips. Other market share contributor includes BareFoot Power, BBOXX, ASE, Sun Tech, and Nuru Light.
- The industry has witnessed forward integration with local vendors to supply and educate rural population & students about off grid products. For instance, SunnyMoney joined hands with Artcaffé to promote solar products amongst students in rural Kenya.
Global Market Insights has segmented the Africa off grid solar lighting industry on the basis of key products, applications and countries:
- Africa off grid solar Lighting Product Analysis (Volume: Million units; Revenue: USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Solar Lantern System (SLS)
- Solar Home System (SHS)
- Large Solar Home System (LSHS)
- Africa off grid solar Lighting Application Analysis (Volume: Million units; Revenue: USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- Africa off grid solar Lighting Country Analysis (Volume: Million units; Revenue: USD Million, 2013 – 2024)