Waterproof Breathable Textiles Market size over $2 Billion by 2022: Global Market Insights, Inc.
Waterproof Breathable Textiles (WBT) Market size is forecast to hit USD 2.18 Billion in revenue by 2022, as per a new research report by Global Market Insights, Inc. Expansion of eco-friendly products coupled with rising demand in active sportswear is anticipated to drive demand over the forecast timeframe.
Browse Full Report with Chart and Figure: https://www.gminsights.com/industry-analysis/waterproof-breathable-textiles-wbt-market-size
Waterproof breathable garments market size was valued at over USD 875 Million in 2014. It is anticipated to witness gains at 5.1% CAGR from 2015 to 2022. Increasing adoption in several applications such as mountain sports and trekking has driven global demand. Footwear is projected to surpass USD 550 Million by 2022, at an estimated CAGR of 6.0% over the coming six years.
Get sample pages from our latest research report @ https://www.gminsights.com/request-sample/detail/134
Growing popularity of fitness-related sports such as running, walking, swimming, and cycling owing to health awareness has generated demand for sports apparel and shoes, which is expected to fuel consumption over the coming few years. These products deliver more strength, lighter weight, longer durability, and are thereby used across several outdoor recreation products that include backpacks, tents and other fabric-based garments or gear.
Increasing use of recycled PET bottles in fabric production is also expected to fuel waterproof breathable textiles industry growth. Change in consumer preferences in outdoor activities could pose a challenge for industry participants.
Key insights from the report include:
- High densely woven waterproof breathable textile market price trend and mounting demand from application areas including military, medical and work wear is likely to drive revenue to USD 231.5 Million by 2022.
- The use of coatings is expected to witness slow growth owing to increasing popularity of membrane technology.
- Active sportswear will continue accounting for over 80% of the global waterproof breathable textiles market share through the forecast timeframe. Breathability is of vital importance in sports to ensure ventilation to the skin during perspiration; as a result, a large number of manufacturers ensure the presence of this attribute.
- Europe waterproof breathable garments market size leads global demand with revenue forecast to exceed USD 690 Million by 2022. Rising consciousness towards health and fitness issues along with increasing sports activities in this region is likely to drive growth from 2015 to 2022. Asia Pacific waterproof breathable textiles market share is anticipated to grow at 7.2% in terms of volume.
- Key industry participants include W. L. Gore & Associates and eVent (General Electric). The players offer environmentally viable products that are PTFE-free, PFC-free and recyclable. Other participants include APT Fabrics, Columbia Sportswear, Heartland Textiles Co. Ltd., Patagonia, The North Face, Helly Hansen, Jack Wolfskin, Nike, and Mountain Hardwear among others.
- Manufacturers offer products ideal for cycling-wear, skiwear, and outdoor clothing such as hunting and mountaineering jackets, sailing apparel, rainwear, golf-wear, windbreakers, etc.
- A few others offer products for medical and military & defense applications. They emphasize mainly on cost savings by manufacturing products in low-cost regions, and aim on decreasing overhead cost by implementing measures such as outsourcing arrangements and additional relocation of production plants.