Alpha-Amylase Baking Enzyme Market Will Increased Demand In Food & Beverage Applications Till 2024: Grand View Research, Inc.
The global alpha-amylase baking enzyme market is expected to reach USD 320.1 million by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Alpha-amylase is used as an important ingredient for the production of baked goods in order to increase the sugar and dextrin content in the finished product. Increasing importance of enzymes as functional additives in food & beverage applications on account of attributing features including good emulsification properties and self-stabilization effects is expected to remain a crucial factor over the next eight years.
Plant-based alpha-amylase demand was 1,682.6 tons in 2015. Plant-based extracts derived from rice, tobacco leaves, corn, potato and beetroot are also used as a sources for the production of alpha-amylase. Over the past few years, the research institutes of the U.S. and Canada have introduced numerous publications pertaining to the development of alpha-amylase from DNA sequences of these species.
Browse full research report on Global Alpha-Amylase Baking Enzyme Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/alpha-amylase-baking-enzyme-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global alpha-amylase baking enzyme market size was 67,476.6 tons in 2015 and is expected to witness significant growth in light of improvement in bakery industry in emerging markets of China, India and Middle East countries
- Cookies & biscuits accounted for 14.8% of the global market volume in 2015. The product is used for the production of cookies, biscuits and crackers on account of reducing dough resistance and preventing blister formulation with strong gluten. In August 2015, Mondel?z International established a new manufacturing unit for Oreo cookies at Salinas, Mexico with investment of USD 170 million. As a result, the aforementioned trend is expected to promote the usage of alpha-amylase as an improving agent in cookies & biscuits over the forecast period.
- Maltogenic enzymes accounted for 47,233.8 tons in 2015. Maltogenic alpha-amylase are capable of providing high shelf life for bread and cakes. These types of alpha-amylase sources are used in combination with other enzymes including xylanase, fungal alpha-amylase and lipase to secure optimum crumb softness during bread baking processes. However, the high operational cost incurred to produce alpha-amylase by using maltogenic and other enzymes is expected to limit the usage of maltogenic alpha-amylase enzymes over the forecast period.
- North America is projected to witness growth at a CAGR of 1.9% from 2016 to 2024. Increasing expenditure for the use of functional ingredients in food & beverage applications in the U.S. and Canada on account of enhancing shelf-life and improving texture is expected to have a positive impact on industry.
- Major alpha-amylase industry participants include Novozymes, DuPont, DSM, Purato NV, AB Enzymes, and Dyadic International. In December 2014, DSM NV filed for a patent on the development of alpha-amylase from newly identified polynucleotide sequence from gene-based alicyclobacillus pohliae. Therefore, increasing expenditure on R&D is expected to remain a critical success factor for the industry over the next eight years.
Read detailed report or request for sample of this research report:
Grand View Research has segmented the global alpha-amylase market by source, application and region:
Source Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Thousand, 2013 – 2024)
Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2022)
- Cookies & Biscuits
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/organic-chemicals-and-compounds
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc