Mobile Application based Live Traffic Updates on National Highway 8 from Delhi to Jaipur
MINISTRY OF ROAD TRANSPORT & HIGHWAYS (MORTH) GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Invites Expressions of Interest (EDI) from eligible firms for providing Mobile Application based Live Traffic Updates on Pilot Basis on National Highway 8 from Delhi to Jaipur.
- Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has launched a pilot project to provide live traffic updates/information to Highway users on NH-8 between Delhi to Jaipur. The pilot project includes providing live updates on radio channels along with location based live voice & message updates through mobile application on Smartphone suitable. The pilot project to provide updates on radio has already been launched. The Ministry now intends to launch the pilot project for mobile application, information provided through mobile applications shall include the following: Live traffic and weather data Information on highway facilities such as hospitals, fuel stations, restaurants, lodging, and repair shops etc. Information on highway conditions Safety awareness messages
- Traffic & highway conditions data for mobile application shall be collected in the following ways:
– Crowd-sourced from highway users. Sufficient mechanisms are to be put in place to ensure authenticity of crowd-sourced data. Data collected by Ministry shall be provided to the selected partners. In phase-1, data is manually entered at the control center for live updates regarding traffic diversions, traffic jams, visibility, road condition, repairs etc. with approximate location of incidents. In phase-2, the updates are provided manually as well as through sensors, cameras etc. Required interface has to be built by the mobile application provider to convert the live updates from all sources into location based alerts on the application. The live updates shall be provided both as news alerts and also on the map based navigation systems in a single application. Hi. Accordingly, it is proposed to partner with four capable firms for the above assignment. The implementation period for the assignment shall be 15 (Fifteen) months. The top four firms scoring above the minimum qualification score as mentioned in Annexure-1 shall be selected as partners. The selected partners shall be empanelled with Ministry for an initial period of 6 months and will be extended to 15 months after review of quality of services provided and user adoption of the application. W. The selected partners shall provide the services described above free of cost to the Ministry and the highway users in a single application. The Ministry shall only provide the available information to the partners and facilitate interaction if required with the stakeholders for information gathering.
- The MORTH now invites eligible firms to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested firms should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria and formats for EOI submission are provided in Annexure-I which can be seen at morth website.
- Further information on this E01 can be obtained from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm on all working days of the Government till the last date of E01 submission from the address as mentioned below.
vii. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 5.00 pm on 27th May, 2016.
viii. Address for seeking clarifications and submission of the EOIs.
Tendersontime, the world’s largest Tenders Notices , would like to inform all interested firms, joint ventures and companies who participate in such projects, to use this opportunity and expand their business.
Global Tenders Services Pvt. Ltd
Address * 25- D, CGHS, Ujjawal Apartment, Bijli, Vikash Puri, New Delhi-110059
Phone * +91-921 808 8010
Email * email@example.com
Website * http://www.tendersontime.com/
- Installation services (except software)
- Supporting and auxiliary transport services; travel agencies services
- Electrical machinery, apparatus, equipment and consumables; lighting
- Modular kitchen cabinets